Oct 27th meeting -- Planning notes for the Nov 10th event
- Donna has confirmed two FHS Team xbot alumni (over 21) to register, check out and help serve food. Donna will get two more additional FHS team xbot alumni to help on this item.
- Darin Gee has agreed to be our MC/Auctioneer .. he is a Boeing engineer, the MC at the robotics events local, state and world championship. He is used to MC'ing at the events with 10,000+ people.
- Need to give Darin a script
- He is quite familiar with the robotics program, he too is a lead mentor of a team, etc.
- Judges for UGLY Sweater contest ... Darin + 2 others?
- Donna has invited Suzie Zhu (FHS team xbot alumni , works for MS). Bring the younger crowd to the event.
- Everyone should get RSVP and/or sell the tickets (checks made out to Rainier Valley Rotary Foundation). Need a head count on number of people attending to plan for the food .. both for the TAMALE Guy and the Teriyaki Chicken order. will make name tags for the evening.
- Howard will contact Tim Burdick for a security system for a live auction. Howard will contact Chuck Kusak for an item.
- Keep on sending emails .. btw .. Jayne's Frank Sinatra basket is now up on the site.
- People can purchase silent auction items at the "It's Yours" price. The silver airplane tea pot is one of the two live auction items.
- Donna to look at china plates and metal utensils for the evening, Jayne to look in her locker for seasonal napkins, napkins ...
- Menu will be the Taco Guy and another option of Teriyaki Chicken/rice (local Teriyaki cafe near FHS/Donna will pick up) and Asian salad (COSTCO)
- Pat Murakami will lend us her bidding numbers/paddles.
- Donna has a speaker system for the auctioneer
- We have 13 silent auction items, 1 live auction item (Howard's silver tea pot)
- Donna will need to start setting up the silent auction items at 4 pm on Nov 10th.
- Please bring narrow tables and table clothes to set up silent auction item. Donna has four 2' by 4' tables that she will bring. Will handle two silent auction items/table.
- Need to bring registration table, printer to make copies, bid sheets (Donna has created)
- Need to make a sign for the registration table.
- Donna will bring her Square ...
- Donna has tickets. Each attendee will be given 4 tickets for food, beer, spin on the wheel
- Look for holiday table clothes for the silent auction table.
- Howard is bringing/setting up his wheel and rules of the game. Jayne, Howard and Donna donated items for the Wheel prizes (nutcrackers, beer steins, ....)